0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 5

AutorNachricht
Head Admin
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   Fr Dez 26, 2008 9:16 am

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven SETTING UP SOUNDBITES IN CS:CZ Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Ok I'm sure most of you have been playing on a server and heard someone play a funny (or heavily annoying) sound/song played down the mic.
This is known as a SoundBite. It's relatively easy to set up SoundBite's once you know how but there is a bit of work involved making the sound work properly in game and setting up the program which plays the actual sound.

All the software you need is on the HLSS website, I'm going to rewrite the guide form HLSS to condense it slightly and make all the links in one place but if you want to read the full stup guides, please go to... http://www.hlss.us/

HLSS and the other programs linked here are not affiliated with TTD. All guides and links are not original TTD property and have been used without permission. Please ensure you read all the terms and conditions on the HLSS website before using HLSS or the other programs.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven SETTING UP HLSS Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

1) Click this link and download the autoexec.cfg file.... http://www.hlss.us/dl.php?file=autoexec.cfg
Put this file into your Czero folder (usually C: > Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > "Your Steam ID" > Condition Zero > Czero)

2) Download and install HLSS.... http://www.hlss.us/index.php?p=1
Once you have HLSS, open it and go to File > Options. Now click the 'browse' button in the window that pops up, and locate your Czero folder... (usually C: > Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > "Your Steam ID" > Condition Zero > Czero)

3) Load Condition Zero and open console. Type bind del "ToggleWav" into console and press enter.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven LEVELING YOUR SOUND (optional) Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Ok now you have HLSS setup and ready to go, you need a sound file to play and test it out. Only .wav files will work properly in CZ and it is best to set them to a certain volume etc so they sound as good as they can ingame. Leveling the sound file is the fiddly bit when making a soundbite but once you have made a few it can be done in a matter of seconds.

1) Download GoldWave... http://www.hlss.us/index.php?p=1
Install GoldWave then run the program.

2) Click the "open" button and locate the sound file you want to use and open it.

3) IF THE SOUND IS QUITE LOUD click "Effect" at the top of the program, point to "Filter", and finally click "Equalizer". In the window that pops up, you will see a bar. Move the bar to the left to lower the bass and volume.

4) IF THE SOUND ISNT CLEAR (ie: static noises) click "Effect" at the top of the program, point to "Filter", and finally click "Noise Reduction". Click the arrow next to the "Presets" box and select "Remove Hiss". Press the "Play" icon to test the preset.

5) Once you are happy with the sound save it somewhere easy to find.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven CONVERTING YOUR SOUNDBITE Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

As stated above, SoundBites MUST be .wav files. A .wav file is a format for music files (like mp3 etc) and converting a music file to .wav couldn't be easier. The following program also sets other aspects of the file perfectly for CS:CZ.

1) Click this link to download dBpowerAMP music converter... http://www.hlss.us/index.php?p=1
Once downloaded and installed run the program. It will ask you which music file(s) you would like to convert. Locate the file(s) you want to convert (mp3 or wav will work), and then click open.

2) In the next window, you will have to set the program's option. Select the following options

Like a Star @ heaven Converting file to: Wave
Like a Star @ heaven 16 Bit (CD)
Like a Star @ heaven 8000Hz
Like a Star @ heaven 1 'Mono'

The rest of the settings in this window are optional. They just let you choose where you want the wav file(s) to go when the conversion is complete, if it should delete the original file(s), etc... so you can adjust those settings to your own preference.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven LOADING YOUR CONVERTED SOUNDS TO HLSS (the final step) Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

1) Load HLSS and click the green "Plus" on the program interface. A window will pop up asking you to locate a .wav file to add. Find one, and then give it a shortcut key. This shortcut key is used to switch the song in game. It's important to remember that shortcut keys do not actually play the song, they just switch the song. "Delete" is your Start/Stop key. (eg: If you set F1 as a shortcut for your sound, pressing F1 will tell HLSS that is hte sound you want to play.)

2) Repeat the process to add as many SoundBites as you like. The function keys (F1 - F12) are common shortcut keys people use in HLSS because they are not bound to anything in most Steam games (by default). You can use any key you want though as long as it's not bound to anything else. It is not recommended to use letters (A - Z) or you won't be able to use them when typing in game.

3) Before you can go into a game and start playing your sounds, you need to activate HLSS. To activate it, click the thumbs up button. If you wish to add more wavs later on or change any HLSS settings, you must first deactivate HLSS by clicking the thumbs down button.

4) Go in game onto a server, and press the shortcut key for your sound (eg: if you set F1 as your SoundBite shortcut, press F1). A message should appear at the top of the screen showing the location of your sound. Press "Delete" and your SoundBite should play.

If it doesn't work try turning off HLSS and restarting Steam. Reload HLSS and repeat steps 1 - 3. Any more problems just post a reply.

santa Admin

Zuletzt von Head Admin am Mo Jan 05, 2009 8:26 am bearbeitet; insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen http://sites.google.com/site/ttdtothedeath
CapuDie
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   Fr Dez 26, 2008 11:38 am

Smile
I'll be trying this Smile

something else
I've been on some german servers before I joined TTD
most of those servers have special sounds when you say a word
like 'manamana' or 'fickerei' ...
could it be an idea to put sounds like that on our server as well?
grtz
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
FaR2sToNeD
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   Fr Dez 26, 2008 11:53 am

Hmm not a bad idea, I'll look ito it Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
CapuDie
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   Mo Feb 09, 2009 1:49 am

due to declan's absense, I will be playing "the headshot song" xD
All That Remains - Two Weeks

:p
grtz
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
CapuDie
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   Mo Feb 09, 2009 4:45 am

I got 2 songs in there now...
F12 is my start/stop key
other F-keys are shortcuts
I first play a song, what do I do when I want to change the song?
(let's just say the song is playing)
should it work when I press it's shortcut key or do I first have to press F12, then shortcut and F12 again?
grtz
capu
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
FaR2sToNeD
Admin
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   Di Feb 10, 2009 5:28 am

To change it use the toggle wav to turn it off (F12 if u set it to F12), then press the other F key to change the song, then press F12 again to play. F12 is your Start/Stop button, a message at the top of the screen should tell you the song has changed.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ   

Nach oben Nach unten

How to use SoundBites in CS:CZ
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
TTD Clan Forums :: Member Stuff (registration required) :: Setup Guides-
Gehe zu: